Here is the first remixed component of the Batman Reimagined project. What would a television commercial for Wayne Enterprises look like? Now you can see for yourself.
Its no secret that Batman is funded and equipped via Bruce Wayne’s multi-billion dollar fortune and through his ownership of Wayne Enterprises. What you might not know is that Wayne Enterprises is a monster company of truly Orwellian proportions. If the corporation really existed it would most likely be the largest, most powerful organization on the planet - bigger than General Electric, Boeing, Chevron and Lockheed Martin combined.
Although primarily known as a military defense contractor, Wayne Enterprises is actually comprised of dozens of subsidiaries involved in all sectors of the economy in Gotham City and around the world (operating in 190 countries). Based on the DC and Batman wikis the corporation includes the following divisions:
Wayne Healthcare (which runs Gotham Cities healthcare system)
Wayne Research Institute
Wayne Entertainment (including ownership of The Daily Planet)
Based on this extensive list of properties and holdings, Forbes’ magazine seems to have severely underestimated the value of the company in their 2007 list of the “25 Largest Fictional Companies”. Forbes estimated Wayne Enterprises sales at only $31.3 billion which is a ludicrously low figure.
The clips used in this video were appropriated from dozens of TV ads for real-life corporations with operations or products similar to Wayne Enterprises subsidiaries. Specifically ads for General Electric, Boeing, Chevron and Lockheed Martin were used as the basic template for this remixed commercial. Additionally footage from Batman & Robin, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises trailer and Atlas Shrugged Part 1 were used.
Producer/Editor - Jonathan McIntosh
Voice Actor - Paul Silverman
Logo After Effects - Greg Dorsainville
Communications Director, Healthcare For Gotham Campaign
Wayne Foundation (WF) / Healthcare For All Fund (HCFAF)
Communications Director, Healthcare For All Campaign
The Healthcare For Gotham Campaign works to build a stronger relationship between the medical providers of Gotham and the philanthropic citizens of Gotham through outreach, communications, and advocacy. We encourage charitable leadership to strengthen the medical communities’ ability to carry out its invaluable operations throughout Gotham. And we engage policy makers, the media, and the American public to increase awareness of and support for Healthcare For Gotham.
Working with members of the Healthcare For Gotham Campaign, the Public Affairs Team, and the Partnership Development Team, the Communications Director for the Healthcare For Gotham Campaign will develop and coordinate the implementation of a strategic domestic and international communications plan that supports the accomplishments of HCFGC’s programmatic and financial objectives.
The Healthcare For Gotham Campaign advocates for a strong, effective, and fully funded social healthcare system. HCFGC advocates for the payment of healthcare premiums and unpaid debt in a timely manner and for the WF to make voluntary contributions to key charitable programs. HCFGC mobilizes public support for a stronger WF-Gotham relationship through innovative online campaigns and provides strategic communications and issue management advice to Gotham leadership.
The Communications Director for Healthcare For Gotham Campaign is a member of both the Public Affairs and the Healthcare For Gotham Campaign. The Communications Director will report directly to the Executive Director of Communications and Public Affairs and, on a dotted line basis, to the Executive Director of the Healthcare For Gotham Campaign.
- Develop a prioritized, budgeted communications plan that supports the objectives of the Healthcare For Gotham Campaign business and advocacy plan and ensure all are consistent with other Wayne Foundation branding and messaging strategies, and that increases the visibility of the Team’s issues, the Team’s senior members, the Wayne Foundation, and its Executive Officers, and Board members.
- Direct communications planning and strategic implementation of Healthcare For Gotham Campaign’s advocacy goals, and provide guidance for pan-Foundation advocacy communications needs
- Directly implement the communications plan including print media, new media, radio, and events. More specifically, but not necessarily limited to, write and pitch press releases, schedule and staff media appearances and editorial board visits, write speeches and talking points, produce media and other events, work with the Web Team on on-line and e-mail content, liaise with other Wayne Foundation departments, and engage and manage consultants.
- Develop effective working relationships with key local and national media outlets that focus on healthcare policy, WF, State Department, appropriations, Congress and the White House.
- Oversee and implement Healthcare For Gotham Campaign and Wayne Foundation’s biannual national survey; manage relationship with pollsters.
- Manage Healthcare For Gotham Campaign and Wayne Foundation’s relationship with local media, including overseeing budget, coordinating strategic planning, and serving as day-to-day contact.
- Coordinate messaging and offer editorial guidance to WF-USA communications and online communications staff.
- Meet the day-to-day communications needs of the Healthcare For Gotham Campaign.
- Understand the Healthcare For Gotham Campaign’s mission, strategy, goals, current operating plan, and event calendar.
- Understand senior Healthcare For Gotham Campaign, Partnership Development Team, and Public Affairs Team members’ objectives for communications support.
- Experience in working on public policy issues and Congress, with a preference for an individual who has dealt with healthcare-related matters.
- Proven ability to develop, pitch, and place stories with media outlets.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to self-manage on project management, attention to detail, and deadlines.
- High-energy self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision but also knows when to ask for counsel.
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced, often rapidly changing environment.
- Grace under pressure.
- Quick learner.
- Minimum seven years of experience in communications, public relations, and/or media outlets.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Actual salary will depend on qualifications and anticipated contribution to the Foundation.
WF pays 100% of medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance premiums for its employees and 75% of medical and vision for employees’ dependents.
In addition, WF provides 20 days of paid vacation per year, 12 paid holidays, three personal days per year, an immediately vested 150% matching 403(b) contribution up to a limit of six-percent of employee pay, Gotham Transit Autority GCR Pass benefits, and flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care.
Please apply on-line at https://████.███████████████.███/recruit/?id=2011372
Important note - Our online system allows ONLY ONE document to be uploaded. Please save your resume and cover letter as ONE document BEFORE APPLYING.
All applicants must submit a cover letter - please save upload your resume and cover letter as one document - either .pdf or .doc.
Please contact Nicholas Glass by email at nglass@███████████████.███ with any questions.
WF/HCFGF is an AA/EEO employer.
People of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.